Sunday, September 13, 2009

Roasted Asparagus With Tofu

Last couple of weeks have been good. I have been trying new dishes. I made Tandoori platter the last week and Roasted Asparagus with Tofu today. Both the dishes would rank very high on health count. Tandoori platter was very yummy but I need to refine it a bit before I share it.

I was in the super market and saw bunches of Asparagus and picked up a couple instantly without thinking much. I was not sure what to make out of it since I really have not used this ingredient before today. I knew at least one dish out of it - thanks to my friend but I thought it would be good to try something new. I went to the resource mine called internet and found few recipes in a fraction of seconds. I took the original recipe and added my variation and it turned out to be a pleasant surprise.

Ingredients:
  • 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
  • 1 Large onion, sliced
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 200 gram tofu, diced
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 4-5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • Chilly flakes, salt and black pepper to taste
Preparation:
  1. Prepare asparagus, onion, garlic and tofu.
  2. Preheat the oven to 200 deg cel.
  3. Put the asparagus, onion, garlic, and tofu in a large bowl. Pour the olive oil vinegar over and season with salt, pepper and chilly flakes. Mix it and ensure that dressing is coated evenly.
  4. Spread them out on a baking tray. The olive oil, vinegar and garlic dressing may remain in the bowl. Please do not discard it.
  5. Bake for 20 minutes or until asparagus tender & bright green and tofu golden brwon. Half way through turn the sides, specially the asparagus.
  6. Remove from the oven and mix it with the remaining dressing. Serve immediately.
I know what you are looking for. A photo? Sorry, I did not take it as I was too eager to try the dish out. It was over before I could think of taking a picture :D.

The dish is really easy to make and quite healthy. The red wine vinegar is growing on me. Please try this out. I am sure you will enjoy it!

No comments: